What are cookies and what are their purposes?
A cookie is a small text file that a website visited by the user sends to its terminal (computer, mobile device, such as smartphone or tablet). This is where it is stored before being sent back during a subsequent visit to the site.
This site uses the following cookie categories:
– Analysis cookies, used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. These cookies are similar to technical cookies if the service is anonymised.
– Profiling and marketing cookies, used exclusively by third parties other than the owner of this site to collect information on users’ behaviour while browsing, and on their interests and consumption habits, also in order to provide personalised advertising.
How to express consent to profiling cookies
During the first visit to the site, the user can accept all cookies by completing of one of the following actions:
– closing the banner by clicking on X or “OK” in the banner itself;
– accessing another area of the site or clicking on any element of the page (image or link) outside the banner;
– scrolling the page.
How to disable cookies
– During the first visit to the site, if he/she does not perform any of the actions described in the banner, but, instead, accesses the extended policy from the banner, the user can refuse consent to the installation of cookies by clicking on the link provided in the following sections at the bottom of the description of each cookie of this policy (called “Opt-Out”);
– Or through the browser settings. The user can:
- Manage cookie preferences directly in your browser, preventing installation;
- Delete already installed cookies from your browser, including the cookie in which you have saved the consent, possibly provided by the user, to the installation of cookies by the site.
Instructions for disabling cookies can be found on the following web pages:
Technical cookies that do not require prior consent from the user
Technical cookies are used to allow the site to function and/or to provide the user with a service or function that the user has specifically requested. Therefore, they ensure the normal browsing and use of the site allowing, also, to save the preferences expressed by the user, and to optimise its browsing. The site uses both first and third party technical cookies. The technical cookies used by the site can be divided into the following sub-categories:
– “user input” cookie: session cookies used to keep track of the data provided by the user by filling in the appropriate online forms (for example the forms present during the purchase process for entering the shipping or billing address); or, as happens in the case of the shopping cart, to remember the items that the user has selected and added to the cart by clicking on the appropriate button;
– “cookie consent”: cookie that demonstrates the user’s consent to the installation of profiling cookies by completing one of the actions described in the banner/short policy. It also recognizes the user at the second access to the site, so as not to request again to the installation of cookies. It has a duration of 12 months.
Third party cookies
This site also acts as an intermediary for third party cookies (such as button for social networks), that are used to provide additional services and features to visitors and to simplify the use of the site itself, or to provide personalised advertising. This site has no control over their cookies as they are entirely managed by third parties, and it does not have access to the information collected through these cookies. Information on the use of these cookies and their purposes, as well as on how to disable them, are directly provided by the third parties on the pages indicated below.
Generally, it is recalled that the tracking of users does not involve their identification unless the user is already registered for the service and is not already “logged in”. In this case, the user has already expressed his/her consent directly to the third party when registering for the relevant service (eg. Facebook).
– Google Inc.
– Google Analytics
It is used to analyse the use of the site by users, compile reports on the site activity and user behaviour, check how often users visit the site, how the site is tracked and which pages are visited most frequently. The information is combined with information recollected from other sites in order to create a comparative picture of the use of the site compared to other sites of the same category.
Collected data: identifier of the browser, date and time of the interaction with the site, page of origin, IP address.
Place of data processing: European Union – as the anonymisation of the service is active.
The collected data do not allow personal identification of users and are not intersected with other information related to the same person. They are treated in an aggregate and anonymised way (truncated to the last octet). According to a specific agreement (DPA), it is forbidden to Google Inc. (processor) to cross these data with those obtains from other services.
Further information on Google Analytics cookies can be found on the Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites.
Users can selectively disable (opt-out) the collection of data by Google Analytics by installing the appropriate component provided by Google (opt out) on their browser.
– Clicky Web Analytics
Plugin Social Network
This site also incorporates plugins and/or buttons in order to allow easy sharing of content on your favourite social networks. When the user visits a page of our website that contains a plugin, his/her browser directly connects to the servers of the social network from where the plugin is loaded. This server can track his/her visit to the site and, if necessary, associate it with his/her social network account, in particular, if the user is connected at the time of the visit or if he/she has recently browsed one of the websites containing social plugins.
If you do not want the social network to record the data related to the visit on this website, you must exit your social account and possibly delete the cookies that the social network has installed in your browser.
On this site are installed plugins with advanced privacy protection features of users. These plugins do not send cookies or access cookies on the user’s browser when opening the page but only after clicking on the plugin.
The collection and use of information by these third parties are governed by the respective privacy policies, to which please refer:
In accordance with European Regulation No 679/2016 (GDPR), the user can exercise the following rights, according to the procedures and within the limits established by current legislation:
– oppose in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communication;
– Request confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her (right of access);
– Know its origin;
– Receive intelligible communication;
– Have information about the logic, the modalities and the purpose of the processing;
– Request its update, rectification, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, block of data processed in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for the pursuit of the purposes for which they were collected;
– In cases of consent-based processing, receive only the cost of any support his/her data provided to the holder in a structured and readable form by a data processor and in a format commonly used by an electronic device;
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority;
– As well as, more generally, exercise all the rights that are recognised by the current provisions of the law.
Request should be addressed to the Data Controller at email@example.com